Thursday, June 26, 2008

First Impressions


I got up early this morning (6am Hawaii time) and walked out on the deck.  And was speechless.  The view is Gorgeous!  Huge mountains covered in lush green trees surrounding us, and a beautiful blue sky streaked with orange sun rays greeting me.  I immediately thanked God for helping me get here!  I sat on the deck eating my cheerios, thinking how fabulous this trip is going to be.  I walked around outside a bit, enjoying the small breeze and quiet morning.  I unpacked everything, but apparently that was to exhausting, so I settled in for a quick nap.  Gotta catch up to the time change ya know.  So far today, Dorothy, Arden (her little girl) and I took a quick tour of neighboring towns, got to see the beautiful beaches, and stopped in at a macadamia nut farm.  with lots of free samples.  Yum.  Later today we're heading to the beach!  Can't wait for my first swim in Hawaii!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! The veiw must gorgeous! I hope you're enjoying yourself. I look forward to reading about your adventures. Tell Dorothy I said hi!